Ms. Pettit’s practice focuses on civil litigation, including tort defense, insurance coverage, construction, product defect, and professional liability disputes. Ms. Pettit also represents clients in appeals, in both state and federal courts. She practices in both Oregon and Washington, guiding individuals, businesses, and organizations through the legal process and working to obtain the best results for her clients.
Ms. Pettit graduated summa cum laude from Lewis and Clark Law School and clerked for the Oregon Supreme Court following law school. She has extensive experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in commercial litigation and insurance coverage disputes. Whether she is representing a large business or insurance company that is savvy regarding legal procedures and strategy, or representing an individual insured defendant with no prior exposure to courts or litigation, Ms. Pettit works with her clients to develop and achieve their goals, as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Recent Articles and Presentations
- Hourly Fee Agreement, Fee Agreement Compendium BarBook (2018 ed.)
- Bonds and Undertakings, Oregon Civil Pleading and Litigation BarBook (2020 ed)
- Case Note, The Verdict (OADC Newsletter), 2020 Issue 2
Professional & Civic Involvement
- Member, Oregon Women Lawyers
- Member, Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
- Member, Washington Defense Trial Lawyers Association
- Board Member, Garden Home Community Library